More than just a beach?
Apart from being the destination of choice and possessing the amenities one would expect of a resort on the sandy shores of Miami, Umzumbe Chalets offers a host of activities close by:
Sporting facilities include:
- Bowls and Squash at the Country Club
- Super tubes
- Water Slides
- Windsurfing on the Lagoons
- Shopping Centres
- Aqua Spa
- Beauty Clinics
- The Shell Museum
- Beach Horseback riding and natural deep sea fishing, Wave and Dolphin Watching.
Dolphins regularly surf the waves and Whales can be seen between July and December. During beach walks you can collect exquisite Seashells and make interesting discoveries in the rocky coves.
Make day trips to the magnificent:
- Oribi Gorge Forest
- Game Reserves
- Coffee farms and the likes.
- The Hibiscus Coast has a thriving handcraft industry and the shops/factory shops offer brand name surfing gear, beachwear, leather products and pottery.
For Nature and Hiking enthusiasts there are reserves within easy range:
- Hoepoe falls and Hiking Trail
- Oribi Nature Reserve
- Mpenjati Nature Reserve
- Big 5 at Oribi Gorge (Kayaking, horse-riding, river rafting)
Hospitals, Medical & Complementary Health Services:
- The South Coast is well served by many doctors and specialists. Hibiscus Private Hospital, Margate Private Hospital and Port Shepstone Provincial Hospital are within minutes of Umzumbe Chalets. For your ease of mind there are several practitioners and pharmacies to choose from.
In addition, the following services are also available:
- General Practitioners
- Occupational Therapy
- Pets are unfortunately not allowed at the resort due to wildlife.
- For Church Directory consult you’re the Local Newspapers.
(The South Coast Herald or The South Coast Fever)
Restaurants and Pubs
- Diners have a wonderful choice of restaurants; from candlelight cuisine and dining “al fresco” to fresh fish and chips on the rocks; from intimate bistros and vibey coffee bars to sunset picnic feasts along the beaches. No matter what your mood you’re sure to find the food to be as fresh as the breeze.
- There is a wide variety of goods and services available on the South Coast . These include, among others, grocery, deli, stationery, gift, video, photography, art, antique, clothing, toys, handyman, liquor, florists, travel, laundry, beauty, hairdressing, health, specialty and shoes.
Step into the Resort Office to obtain more information or for assisted reservations for any of the above activities and/or services.